If you have got project work on this subject by the school, then today I am going to share with you through this post Disaster Management Project Class 9 and 10th PDF and PPT format. Which many students are searching on the internet.
As per the guidelines of the CBSE Board, the students of class 9 are required to submit their own handwritten project on Disaster Management to the school. And later it has to be submitted at the time of oral / written assignment at the time of board exam.
it is an important subject of 9th and 10th social study science. Students must know about this. Full information available in Wikipedia.
Emergency management deals with how human, economic and environmental impacts are dealt with during a disaster. In the process we ‘prepare, react and learn for the effects of impending failures’ disasters may be of human origin due to humans nature.
Disaster can be defined as follows: There is a kind of big disruption and problem which is very difficult to stop it happens for some time and destroys everything. This can cause damage to any community financially or the environment, it can have a very bad effect on nature and there can be loss of public money.
Examples: war, Earthquake, social unrest, stampedes, fires, transport accidents, industrial accidents, conflicts, oil spills, terrorist attacks, nuclear explosions/nuclear radiation.
Disasters can often be defined as the result of exposure to danger, conditions of vulnerability that exist, and a combination of measures and capacity to reduce or counteract the negative consequences that may occur. It can have many side effects such as loss of life, loss of services, injury, damage to property, physical harm, economic behavior and damage to the environment.
The movement of the earth’s surface is called an earthquake. This is due to seismic waves generated by the sudden release of the Earth’s lithosphere.
Generally seismic waves are divided into two parts –
- Earth Waves: ‘P’ Waves and ‘S’ Waves
- Surface Waves : ‘L’ Waves
- It can be predicted in advance by the arrangement of earthquake engineering.
- construction of earthquake resistant houses
- The mechanism of earthquake can be monitored by the Meteorological Department.
- Earthquake resistant zones should be created to avoid earthquakes in India
- Research is being done in the direction of the study and analysis of seismic activities and seismic waves.
- Many educational campaigns and programs are being run to spread public awareness.
When due to excessive rainfall at a place, the amount of water in rivers and drains becomes more, due to which the surrounding areas are filled with water or the whole place gets submerged, causing loss of life and property, this type of disaster is called a flood.
- Suitable land and water conservation measures should be taken in the submerged areas to control the floods.
- Where there is more problem of flood, high dams should be built on the banks of the river.
- Before floods occur, dam management and people should be alerted from time to time and adequate precautions should be taken.
- The waste of river drains should be cleaned from time to time.
- Communication network should be created which can be useful during floods.
This virus first started in the poultry market of Wuhan province of China. Which has become a serious disease all over the world today. This virus kept 70 countries in its grip, and in India itself, 5.25L people have died due to coronavirus. On January 30, 2020, the World Health Organization (WHO) declared this virus outbreak a social health emergency, which is a cause of international concern.
To prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Maintain a distance of at least 1 meter from the other person even if they are not sick.
- Use mask in public places.
- To wash your hands frequently, use soap and water or an alcohol hand rub.
- When coughing or sneezing, cover your nose and mouth with a napkin.
- Get vaccinated when it’s your turn.
- If you are feeling unwell then stay at home.
Forest fire, bush fire is a type of uncontrolled, unpredictable and unplanned disaster. Forest fires are often caused by human activities and natural phenomena such as lightning. About 85% of wildfires in the United States are caused by humans. Man-made fires result from carelessly left camper fires, bidis or cigarettes, or intentional arson acts. Lightning is also one of the natural causes.
Due to extreme drought and also due to the collision of stones during strong wind in the forests, there is a danger of fire in the forest. Forest fires cause problems of transportation, communication, electricity, and water. Due to this pollution in the air, animals and crops are also harmed.
Wildfires and volcanic activities affected 6.2 million people between 1998-2017 with 2400 attributable deaths worldwide from suffocation, injuries, and burns, but the size and frequency of wildfires are growing due to climate change.
|Natural Disaster||Human Made|
|Fire (wild)||Hazardous material spills|
|Flood||Nuclear and radiation accidents|
|Freezing rain||Power failure|
The main reason for the change in the world is human because as we are moving towards development, nature loss and human loss is also increasing day by day. Which is a matter of concern for all. Because man has been harming nature for his own benefit. Due to which some natural calamity keeps coming every day, such as landslides due to deforestation, floods, severe forest fires, lack of rain for many days, and drought.
Disaster Management Project
- Every year a project on disaster management is given to the students of class 9th.
- In which it is mandatory for every student studying in the ninth grade to make a handwritten project on this subject and submit it as per the instructions of the school.
- Each student is given some topic related to this subject on which the children have to make a project.
- Its main purpose is to enable the students to know about the disaster and to become aware of the upcoming precautions and to spread awareness to others.
- Russia Ukraine Conflict 2022
- Coronavirus pandemic affecting our mental health
- Harmful effects of earthquake
- The Impact of Terrorism on Human Rights
- To make this assignment file you must have A4 size file
- To write your project, you have to use blue or black ball pen only.
- On your front / cover page, write your name, class, subject, roll number, and the given topic which should reflect your topic.
- The project file must be at least 15 questions (including the cover page)
- Use summer vacation to complete this project and don’t use plastic cover at the end
FRONT COVER PAGE
This page is your cover page, in which you have to decorate the given topic name, your name, class, roll number, subject, etc. in a creative way.
When we start a project, this section is written to express our gratitude to those individuals or institutions who have contributed significantly during the purpose and helped you to accomplish this purpose. Below we have given an example of Acknowledgement.
“I sincerely want to express my special thanks of gratitude to my Mother, Father for their guidance and support in completing my project and my Social Studies Teacher …… sir for giving me a golden opportunity to make a wonderful project on Disaster Management. I have learnt a lot while making the project about disaster management. I AM REALLY THANKFUL TO THEM. I am not only making this project for marks but also to increase my knowledge.”
This page will be of index, in which the names of chapters and page numbers are given in sequence Example Is Given below.
- WHAT IS A DISASTER
- TYPES OF DISASTERS
- Disaster Risk Reduction
- Disaster Management Cycle
- Disaster occurrence
- Possible risk reduction measures for EARTHQUAKES
- Community preparedness:
- Public education:
- Engineered structures:
- Possible risk reduction measures for TSUNAMI:
- Site Planning and Land Management:
- Engineering structures:
- Flood management:
- Possible Risk Reduction Measures for CYCLONES:
- Coastal belt plantation:
- Hazard mapping:
- Engineered structures:
- Improving vegetation cover:
- Possible Risk Reduction Measures for EPIDEMICS:
- Possible Risk Reduction Measures for FLOODS:
- Mapping of the flood prone areas:
- Land use control:
- Construction of engineered structures
- Flood Control:
- Flood Management
- Possible Risk Reduction Measures for DROUGHT:
- Public Awareness and education:
- Drought Monitoring:
- Water supply augmentation and conservation:
- Expansion of irrigation facilities:
- Land use:.
- Livelihood planning:
- Drought planning:
- Possible risk reduction measures for Landslides:
- Hazard mapping:
- Land use practices:
- Retaining Walls:
- Surface Drainage Control Works:
- Engineered structures:
- Increasing vegetation cover:
- Types of Industrial hazards:
- Preventions of Mechanical Hazards:
- Prevent contact:
- Security Devices:
- Protect from falling objects:
- Create no interference:
- Allow safe lubrication:
- Preventions of Electrical Hazards:
- Preventions of Chemical Hazards:
- Preventions of Fire Hazards:
- Fire Extinguishers:
- Dry chemicals:
Page No. 1 – Disaster Management (Introduction)
Page No. 2&3 – Natural Disaster with Example (Image in Back Page)
Page No. 4&5 – Flood with Example Cause, Prevention (Image in Back Page)
Page No. 6&7 – Dough with Example Cause, Prevention (Image in Back Page)
Page No. 8&9 – Earth-quack with Example Cause, Prevention (Image in Back Page)
Page No. 10&11 – Landslide with Example Cause, Prevention (Image in Back Page)
Page No. 12&13 – Cyclone with Example Cause, Prevention (Image in Back Page)
Page No. 14&15 – Man-made Disaster with Example (Image in Back Page)
Page No. 16&17 – Fires (Image in Back Page)
Page No. 18&19 – Nuclear Explosion (Image in Back Page)
Page No. 20&21 – Industrial Accident (Image in Back Page)
Page No. 22&23 – Terrorist Attack (Image in Back Page)
Page No. 24&25 – Global Warming
Page No. 26 – Conclusion
Page No. 28 – Bibliography
The bibliography usually contains a collection of websites, newspapers, data, pictures visited by you, whatever book, magazine or website you have visited, it is necessary to mention it in bibliography.
PDF is Here (project-1)
Front Cover Page for Class 9 Project
PPT File is Below
Emergency managers think of disasters as recurring events with four phases: Mitigation, Preparedness, Response, and Recovery.
Earthquake, social unrest, stampedes, population, cyclone, transport accidents, fires, industrial accidents, drought, oil spills, terrorist attacks, war, nuclear explosions/nuclear radiation, conflicts,.
Disaster management is the formulation of plans with the help of which we can deal with disaster by reducing our vulnerability to potential hazards. The main objective of this project is to make the students aware about the disaster and to help and spread awareness to others about the possible danger.
i hope you have got Disaster Management Project Class 9 if you are facing some kind of issue you can ask your question below we will solve your problems as soon as possible you may also share this with your friends who are studying in school.