Indian art and culture is one of the very important subjects as per the syllabus of UPSC Civil Services prelims and mains exam.
If you are also preparing for civil services exam then you must have heard and many toppers also suggested that for art and culture read only Nitin Singhania’s book.
So what are you waiting for, because today we have brought for you IAS Nitin Singhania Art and Culture Handwritten Notes PDF Which is going to be very useful in your UPSC CSE exam.
In this, important topics from Indian art, painting, music and architecture have been explained in a good way. Also included are diagrams and charts with huge coverage which makes these notes easy and profitable for an aspirants.
- Earliest paintings in India are from the Upper Palaeolithic Age. First discovery of rock paintings was made in Sohagighat, Mirzapur District, Uttar Pradesh, India (1867-68) by an archaeologist, Archibold Carlleyle, twelve years before the discovery of Altamira in Spain.
- Superimposition of paintings: earliest in black; over these- red ochre paintings & last group- white paintings. Two slabs found from Kashmir.
- Kupgallu (Telangana), Piklihal & Tekkalkota (both in Karnataka), three types of paintings found in white, in red ochre over a white background & in red ochre; subjects are bulls, sambhars, elephants.
- Cockburn, Anderson, Mitra & Ghosh- early archaeologists. Districts of MP, UP, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Uttarakhand (Kumaon hills) & Bihar- rock paintings were found.
- Rock shelters- banks of River Suyal at Lakhudiyar (one lakh caves), about twenty kilometres on the Almora- Barechina road. Paintings at Lakhudiyar are of three types.
Books vs Hand written Notes?
If you are wondering where you should read between Books and Notes, then there is no difference between these two, they are the same material. But if you are short of time then you must read from the notes. Because it will be easy for you to read from them and you can easily understand and remember the topics with the help of diagram.
About the Author
Nitin had secured the All India Rank 51 in the 2012 Union Public Service Commission examination. Which was his second attempt. because he was not successful in his first attempt.
To help many aspirants, Nitin himself wrote a book which is considered very important for UPSC exam titled Indian art and culture by Nitin Singhania.
These hand written notes are helpful for all those students who want to appear in the prelims exam. as well as if you add NCERT books along with it then you can score good marks in the preliminary exam.
Others Books for UPSC Preparation
|S. No||Books Name|
|1||NCERT Class 11 – Living Crafts Traditions of India|
|2||NCERT Class 11 – An Introduction to Indian Art Part-I|
|3||NCERT Class 12 – Craft Traditions of India|
|4||Indian Art & Culture By N. Singhania|
|5||CCRT Books from the Ministry of Culture|
|7||Friday Review of The Hindu newspaper that covers Art & Culture segment|